A Full Content Edit
Format: MS Word doc
Cost: Varies (depending upon the size of the document and review of a sample).
What is a full content edit? It is more than a proofread and a copy edit combined. It involves going deep into the text, both identifying and correcting pretty much everything. All this is done without harming the author’s voice but simultaneously ensuring consistency in all areas. Detailed below is a simplified list of what you will get from a content edit.
I will edit every line and each word of your document, making sure your text is clearly understandable and flows well. How do I do that? By checking and rectifying issues with each of the following:
- Dialogue expression: style, tagging and punctuation
- Clumsy metaphors and clichés
- Character-trait consistency
- Format and layout
- Image captions
- Chapter order
You will also receive:
• A full report detailing my observations while editing your document or manuscript.
• A style sheet to help you remember the methods used in this document for future standardisation.